(last updated October 21, 2015)
- Information Our Lawyers Want You to Read
- Accuracy and Completeness of Information
- While RopeShop.ca attempts to provide accurate information on this Website, RopeShop.ca makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability or otherwise with respect to information on the website, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any omissions or errors (including, without limitation, typographical errors and technical errors) in the content of the Website.
- Modification of Website
Information in the Website is subject to change without notice. RopeShop.ca makes no representations that the materials in this Website are appropriate or available for use in other countries aside from Canada. Those who do access this Website from other countries are solely responsible for compliance with local laws of that country.
- Paid Services
- Registering an Account
- The Website requires registration, and as part of the process you will be requested to provide certain information, including among others, a unique user name and password (“Registration Data”). The mere action of completing the registration form and submitting it to us does not guarantee your right to use the Website, and we are under no obligation to continue your right to use the Website.
- You agree to:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete Registration Data as prompted by the registration process.
- Maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it accurate, current and complete.
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of your password and any other security or access information used by you to access the Website
- Ensure that you log out from your account at the end of each session on the Website.
- Refrain from transferring your account in the Website to any other without our prior written consent.
- Refrain from impersonating any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity, including using another person’s username, password or other Registration Data.
- Refrain from using another person’s account without permission.
- Immediately notify us in writing if you become aware of any loss, theft or use by any other person or entity of any of your Registration Data in connection with the Website or the Service or any other breach of security that you become aware of involving or relating to the Site.
- Only create one account per person.
- We assume that any communications and other activities through use of the Website were sent or authorized by you, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Registration Data. We will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
- We may for any reason, in our sole discretion and without notice or liability to you or any third party, immediately suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future access to and use of the Service (or any portion thereof). Grounds for such termination may include, but are not limited to, loss, theft or unauthorized use of your Registration Data, our determination that you violated the letter or spirit of this Agreement, providing Registration Data that is inappropriate or offensive in our discretion, if we have reasonable grounds to suspect any of the Registration Data that you provided is inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or extended periods of inactivity.
- Posting Policy
- Use of Website
- Use Solely for Lawful Purposes. The Website may be used for lawful purposes only. Submission, transmission or maintenance of any information or materials in violation of any federal or provincial regulations is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, material legally judged to be threatening or obscene. RopeShop.ca reserves the right to refuse service to anyone client without providing reason or cause.
- Prohibited Acts. You agree not to knowingly:
- use any device, software or technique to interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website;
- post or transmit to the Website any unlawful, fraudulent, harassing, libelous, or obscene Information of any kind;
- post or send to the Website any Information that contains a virus, bug, or other harmful item;
- post or transmit into or on the Website any information in violation of another party’s copyright or intellectual property rights;
- take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on RopeShop.ca’s infrastructure;
- redeliver any of the Content using “framing”, hyperlinks, or other technology without express written permission;
- use any device or technology to provide repeated automated attempts to access password-protected portions of the Website; or
- alter or change any materials or distribute, publish, transmit, reuse, re-post or use the content of the Website for public or commercial purposes, including, without limitation, the text, images, audio and video. Unauthorized use of the materials is strictly prohibited and is a violation of the rights of RopeShop.ca and/or third parties, including, without limitation, under copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity.
- Right to regulate. You acknowledge that RopeShop.ca has the right, but no obligation, to monitor the Website and to disclose any information necessary to operate the Website, and to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests. RopeShop.ca reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any information on the Website, in whole or in part, for any reason.
- Password-protected areas. If you are allowed access to password-protected areas of the Website, you agree to keep your password confidential, and to send notice to RopeShop.ca within 24 hours if your password is compromised.
- Advertisements by Tutors. Any Tutor with a valid subscription may post an advertisement offering that Tutor’s services, provided that advertisement meets RopeShop.ca’s Posting Policy.
- Links to third party sites. This Website may link to other sites not maintained by or related to RopeShop.ca. RopeShop.ca has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by RopeShop.ca of the site. Use of any such linked Web site is at the user’s own risk.
- Submissions of Information By You
- Copyright Notice
You should assume that all materials, designs, text and images contained in the Website (collectively, the “Materials”) are copyrighted property of RopeShop.ca or related entities. RopeShop.ca neither warrants nor represents that your use of these Materials will not infringe rights of third parties unrelated to RopeShop.ca.
- Trade-marks and Proprietary Materials
RopeShop.ca makes no representation about the suitability of the products you order. This site, and access to any linked site, is provided to you by all content providers “as is” and “as available”, with no representations or warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, product reliability, and non-infringement. You hereby disclaim all warranties by RopeShop.ca relating to your use of the Website. You acknowledge that your access to the Website will not be free of interruptions, that the information herein may contain bugs, errors, technical inaccuracies, problems or other limitations, and that the site may be unavailable from time to time. You assume total responsibility and risk for your Website use and Website-related services.
- Limitation of Liability
In no event shall RopeShop.ca, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, or agents, be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever and howsoever caused, resulting from your use, misuse, or inability to use of the Website, your use, misuse or inability to use of any third party site, or the actions of any third party, howsoever arising, including any loss of use, lost data, lost business profits, business interruption, personal injury or any other pecuniary loss, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including without limitation negligence), or any other legal theory, and whether or not the company is advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction and the RopeShop.ca liability shall not exceed the total amount paid for any product related to any damages suffered by you. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the site and/or content is to cease all of your site use.
- General Terms
- Violations of Terms and Conditions. Should you violate these Terms and Conditions or any other rights of it, RopeShop.ca reserves the right to pursue any and all legal and equitable remedies against you, including, without limitation, terminating any and all user accounts on the Website. If RopeShop.ca should fail to enforce any right or provision in these Terms and Conditions, you agree that this failure does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision or of any other rights or provisions in these Terms and Conditions.
- Waiver. No delay or omission to exercise any right or remedy accruing to RopeShop.ca upon any breach or default by you shall constitute a waiver by RopeShop.ca of any breach or default.